Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Freedom Funk Forever (For Dennis Greene 8/23/66-7/31/03)



We met under precise circumstances,
Running headlong like children,
discovering what it was to communicate ones passions.

You took my heart, but couldn’t take my hand.
I lost you to the wind and now I hear your whisper,


With lightening ideas too strong for your head, ambitions busting loose.
A great mind destined to grander places than time could amend;
your house could not contain.


Instantaneous, spontaneous, and everything a heart could know.
A freedom running loose and lifted.

We could hear it in the falls and the echoes underground.
The tides could not bury the song.
Freedom funk forever playing.


Flying back from Germany,
My eyes fading into your arms.
I was running from a wanted commitment
back to your freedom sands.


Society was in slow motion rolling by in your truck;  windows open as I bared my chest.
We board-walked and island hopped.
The day was on fire.
It was our last time.

I awoke one day years later to your voice.
You whispered my name as I arose from bed.

I tried to find you, but you were already gone.
You had taken up the delivery of love and overtook yourself.


I thank you making my days shine.
Our sweet gatherings in time,
The ethers
most clear to me,
dear to me.

You send me now a portal key and such wonderful musical outings.

You took my heart, but couldn’t take my hand.
I lost you to the wind and now you whisper
Loudly though me.


We could hear it in the falls and the echoes underground.
The tides could not bury the song.
Your freedom funk forever plays.


©23-Sep-16 Sonja Johnston
 

No comments:

Post a Comment