Sunday, July 06, 2014

Color Me In

Rolling under the complications of the routine.
My heart is in ill repair.
I lose sight of the light.
There is a shortage of paints.
My colors have been swiped and I’m left in black and white.

I’m not so good at smoke signals.
The gun will get triggered if the hour gets too late.
Stuffing a dream not yet awake.
Your conflict calls from where it wants to stand but can’t.
I am in between a flicker in a storm.

I’ve thrown away my fire, but haven’t given up.
All is clear and all is shadowed.
Please unpack this soul from its hiding place;
rolled under the complications of the routine.

This is that game you know in black and white.
The dice you roll are in play.
Drive into the night.

I stay away and burn with the odd closeness the distance brings.
My tired eyes disengage.

It is quite a bruising we have taken
for the sake of the light
we were set to discover.

Rolling under, rolling under,
Please unpack this soul from its hiding place.

© 30 June-2014 Sonja J. Johnston

No comments:

Post a Comment