Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Great Divide


Play me your song, that I long to hear

When time arrives, I’ll know.

Show me the moment I can place in view.

Give to me the smell of you.


Embolden upon this silver charm

Your powerful audacity.



While I'm still subject to this gravity

Throw off a little breeze.

Bring me to that place for a moment more

and leave it on my tongue.



How the stage it sets the image

and broadcasts it to

All eternity.


In that moment, I am ungrounded

Drawn electrically.

Screaming through agelessly

Reaching toward the spires.


It’s always late,

But it’s never over.

All will hear the

Soul weavers singing through.


Play me your song, so that I may hear.

As the time arrives, I’ll know.

Show me the moment I can place in view.

Give to me the smell of you.


Embolden upon the silver charm

Your powerful audacity.

With virtue it hums inside.




© 20-Mar-2012 Sonja J. Johnston (for Dennis J Greene 1964-2002)

No comments:

Post a Comment