Sunday, March 31, 2013

Soul-Splitting

I set my soul loose for our love.
Our histories lifted to the clouds.
Shells of our selves were then acknowledged
Through the halls and crowds.

They watched the book open
And while the pages were written,
There was a hiccup and a chortle,
A wheeze and a grin.

We took it on and threw it out
Reflecting our energies to
Beggars and old women.

Now we are passengers here
Riding through smoke rings
Throwing coal and blowing steam
Through the windows.

I will always remember that day
blue-eyed in perfect enzo.

Getting my toes caught up in mud
And my mind full of love.

Bitten by the magic of it all
Even with a misguided Shaman leading us to water;
Angels were hovering all around,
Waiting in youthful tender.

Where are we now
As two souls look down?

I see them some days through the willows
Laughing like Greek lovers.

© 02-Apr-2007 Sonja J. Phinney (for Chris)

No comments:

Post a Comment